Becoming a Member
- Visitors must be members of NAPO or ICD.
- The fee for visiting a meeting is $10.
- You may visit twice before joining PONM.
- Meetings are held in members' homes, on the 3rd Monday of each month, from 2 - 4 pm.
Benefits of Membership:
- Professional status and growth
- Network of peers (for education, support, and job referrals)
- Personal listing on PONM website
- Participation in group community service projects and associated publicity
- Inclusion in occasional PR campaigns
- Meeting Minutes
- Local Resource List
- Member/Contact List
So you want to be a Professional Organizer?
Here’s what we recommend:
- Visit the NAPO website and read the NAPO Code of Ethics. Peruse the rest of the site as well!
- Use the "Find a Professional Organizer or Productivity Consultant" feature (on the NAPO home page) to visit as many different web sites, of as many different organizers, in as many different locations, as you can. This will give you an idea of the broad range of services that professional organizers provide to our clients.
- Visit the ICD website. While you may choose not to work with chronically disorganized clients, you need to know about this.
- AFTER you have done the first 3 things, you are welcome to contact Kit, Miriam, or Brenda (Find Your Organizer) and make an appointment for a 20-minute chat, during which they will answer any questions you have. Additional mentoring is available for a fee. The reason we send you to other web sites first is so that you may use the time with an experienced organizer to your best advantage.
- AFTER you have joined NAPO or ICD, you are welcome to attend two PONM meetings, for a small fee, before joining.
Hope this helps. Welcome to the business!